Unfortunately, anxiety and depression are so prevalent today. I’m in my mid 60’s and I don’t remember so many people struggling to the degree we are today. According to the research and from a natural nutritional standpoint, there are a lot of sound reasons. We now have a whole generation struggling with emotional and psychological stressors. I hope I can outline a few helpful natural ways to improve your overall mood and wellness.
12 Ways to Reduce Anxiety Naturally:
1. Stay Hydrated – A 2% level of dehydration dehydrates the brain first. Water is important for balancing stress hormones.
2. Eat an Anti-Inflammatory Diet – eliminate processed and refined carbohydrates. Avoid coffee and sugar.
3. Practice Neurobics-Learn fun new things to do.
4. Practice Positive Visualization, it works.
5. Deep Breathing, it relaxes the body.
6. Avoid Sugar and Caffeine- cool down the brain.
7. Ground your body, walk barefoot on the earth, it helps to balance our nervous system.
8. Heal Your Gut – work with a Functional Nutritionist to help with this.
9. Eliminate food sensitivities as continuing to eat these foods causes inflammation.
10. Keep a gratitude journal, it’s very helpful and healing.
11. Laugh more, it increases natural endorphins.
12. Get out in the sunshine and naturally increase your Vitamin D.
There are specific vitamins, minerals, and herbal products that can also help naturally with anxiety and some depression. I have helped many women with anxiety and depression in my practice. Let me help you too.
Call me at Optimal Wellness