Entering Menopause and The Control You Have Over Feeling Well
Here are some nutrition tips for menopausal years. The foods we eat is a way our environment communicates with our genes. When we focus on hydration and the right diet, we can reduce stress on our bodies and stimulate proper genetic expression. As Hippocrates, the father of medicine said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
- Load up on veggies
- Focus on good fats, coconut oil, grass fed butter, grass fed meats, olive oil and avocados
- Eat pastured organic animal products
- Use a fish oil supplement containing EPA, DHA, GLA. This helps decrease the severity of hot flashes
- Super Hydrate. This helps increase lymphatic drainage, improves energy, decreases pain, increases circulation, and help battle mood swings.
- Limit too sugar and simple carbs. These spike insulin which creates blood sugar imbalances and fuels hormonal disturbances and fat storage.
3 steps to a Healing Diet
- Reduce sugar and grains
- Get rid of seed oil, bad fats, and add more good fat
- Change the meat that you eat
Use some of your food budget to visit local organic farms for better health and to increase your food security.